Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Wednesday, March 25th

Hi friends!

Wow, I can't believe today marks one week of distance learning. I am SO proud of all of your hard work and effort. You continue to inspire me and I hope that you continue to keep up the great work!

Reading:
For reading today, please listen to the next two chapters of Dyamonde Daniel. You can listen to chapters 5 and 6 of the book by clicking this link.

Take some time to think about how Dyamonde's relationship with Free might be similar or different to Opal's relationship with someone. Is there anyone you can think of who would be like Free to Opal? Afterward, you can use the rest of the reading time to continue to do free reading. Please fill out the Reading Log Form after you finish so that I can be kept up-to-date with what awesome books you are reading!

Writing:
Please continue to either work on diamante poems (maybe write a new one to read during our Zoom check-in!) or do a free-write. Paying attention to capital letters, punctuation, good spacing between your words, and trying your best to write words you know spelled correctly.

Math:
For math today, please watch this video of Lesson 9 where you will see Mr. Duane talking you through the main idea of the lesson. After watching the video, please complete the problem set. Just like last week, I will post the answers to the problem set tomorrow. You do not need to do the homework unless you'd like some extra practice. If you finish with extra time, you can play Reflex or Zearn.

Here are the answers for Lesson 8 Problem Set:


Here are the answers for GUM "Main Verbs & Helping Verbs":




Social Studies:
Hopefully, you received the packet that I mailed out on Friday. If not, you can still do today's social studies assignment. I am going to ask that you continue to work on the research for our China Alphabet Book pages. I mailed you the rough drafts that you started in school and also a final draft copy. Some of you also have an extra letter that I'm hoping you'll work on, but you don't have to. If you forget what possible topics are and what you signed up for, here is the list. If the packet I mailed has not reached you yet, I have emailed your families with the database passwords so you can still research and take notes.

As a reminder, I will be available for a Zoom check-in today from 12:00-12:30. Like I stated in the video, this will not be a silly time, but it will be a time to ask me questions about things you need help with, to share some schoolwork with me, and to check-in to let me know how you are doing. Please know that if you are being disrespectful or too silly, I will be asking you to leave the check-in. I hope to see a lot of you there!