Thursday, March 19, 2020

Thursday, March 19th

Hello friends!

Day 2 - wooo! I hope that things went okay for all of you yesterday. As I've said before, please let me know if you are having any troubles and I will do the best I can to help you. Also, please feel free to let me know any successes - you know we like to share the roses with the thorns! So if you have some triumphs and good things happening, I'd love to know those as well. In the video and below, please find the plans for today. I have been working hard to prepare some new things for next week! I also added a new tab with a Mindful Breathing Video. I encourage you to spend some time doing Mindful Breathing as it will help reset and prepare your brain for learning. Hope you have a great day, I miss you!


Reading:
Free reading time. Please fill out the Reading Log Form after you finish so that I can be kept up-to-date with what awesome books you are reading!

Writing:
Free writing time. If you'd like a prompt, respond to: “Pretend you could fly anywhere, where would you go?”

Math:
Play Reflex or Zearn for about 25 minutes. Afterward, please complete Module 5, Lesson 2 Homework in your math book. (I will post an answer key tomorrow so you can check your answers!)

Here are the answers from yesterday's Lesson 1 Homework:



Science:
Hopefully, you were able to get started on a creative leprechaun trap from yesterday. Today, please continue to work on that. If you'd like to send a picture or short video of your trap for me to see, I'd love that! Remember to try to work in some examples of Simple Machines!

Cursive:
Please complete the "Review & Mastery" pages (pg. 58-59) in your cursive book. If you'd like to send me a picture of your work please feel free, if not, I trust that you all are doing great with cursive!


If you're interested, here is a read-aloud of the picture book Ish by Peter H. Reynolds (you probably already know that this is one of my favorites!)