Welcome to Day 1 of our distance learning! As I said yesterday, I will be posting information about assignments each day. Remember, we are all new at this, so it's okay if you aren't able to complete everything, and you certainly don't need to do it in order. These first few days I am going to be doing more review type work of things we have already learned. Next week I hope to start some new content including new math lessons, a new country to visit in social studies, and a new science unit!
So, for today these are some goals for you:
Reading:
Free reading time. Please fill out the Reading Log Form after you finish so that I can be kept up-to-date with what awesome books you are reading!
Writing:
Freewriting time. If you'd like a prompt, respond to: "What did you do on Monday & Tuesday?" Think of it as a weekend web journal entry.
Math:
Play Reflex or Zearn for about 25 minutes. Afterward, please complete Module 5, Lesson 1 Homework in your math book. (I will post an answer key tomorrow so you can check your answers!)
Science:
Watch the story video of "How to Catch a Leprechaun" and then work to create your own leprechaun trap out of recycled materials. See if you can incorporate some simple machines into your trap! (This will be a two-day lesson, so you'll have time tomorrow too!)