What a surprising day we had yesterday with the snow! Maybe you'll have a chance to get outside and play in it today? Here are my goals for your learning. I hope that everything is going well. If you are having any struggles, please remember to let me know so that I can work to help you.
For reading today, please listen to the next two chapters of Dyamonde Daniel. You can listen to chapters 3 and 4 of the book by clicking this link.
As we learn more about Dyamonde, we continue to think about how she is similar or different from Opal. Feel free to jot down some thoughts and send them to me if you'd like (or include them in your reading log response)! Afterward, you can use the rest of the reading time to continue to do free reading. Please fill out the Reading Log Form after you finish so that I can be kept up-to-date with what awesome books you are reading!
Math:
For math today, please watch this video of Lesson 8 where you will see Mr. Duane talking you through the main idea of the lesson. After watching the video, please complete the problem set. Just like last week, I will post the answers to the problem set tomorrow. You do not need to do the homework unless you'd like some extra practice. If you finish with extra time, you can play Reflex or Zearn.
Here are the answers for Lesson 7 Problem Set:
As I continue to work on finding new resources to try out, I'd like you to watch this Mystery Science video lesson about "Why Do Cats Purr". Then please write 3-5 complete sentences summarizing what you learned. If you have any personal connections or questions about the lesson, please include those in your writing. I'd love to see some of your responses, so please feel free to send them to me!
GUM:
Please complete the lesson "Main Verbs and Helping Verbs" on pages 96-96 in your Grammar Workshop (GUM) book. Make sure to read the learn section at the top of the lesson. You will only need to complete sections A, B, and C. I will be posting the answers tomorrow for you to check.
Also, here is a read-aloud to listen to if you'd like titled, If Kids Ran the World:

