Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Wednesday, April 8th

Good Morning Third Graders!
I look forward to seeing you at our 12:00 Zoom check-in where we can share our pictures of what we are grateful for. I emailed your parents the updated information about how to get in. If you are having any trouble send me an email and I will do my best to help! Also, remember tomorrow is NO SCHOOL, the teachers have a professional development day. Friday and through next week we have our Spring Break. I look forward to hearing about what you do over break!
Reading:
For reading today, please listen to The Absent Author chapter 7. You can find the chapter here. I apologize that you will be left "hanging" over spring break! While you are listening or reading your own mystery books, be thinking about how a crime solver often has a partner (or two) to run ideas past. See if you can share your ideas about Wallis Wallace and the kidnapping from The Absent Author with someone at home - or me!

Afterward, you can use the rest of the reading time to continue to do free reading (or mystery books). Please fill out the Reading Log Form after you finish so that I can be kept up-to-date with what awesome books you are reading!

Writing:
Please either work on a free write or create some more poetry (diamante, haiku, roll the dice). Remember that if you'd like another paper for "roll the dice" you can find that here.

Math:
For math today, please watch this video of Lesson 18 where you will see Mr. Duane talking you through the main idea of the lesson. After watching the video, please complete the problem set. I will post the answers to the problem set tomorrow even though we don't have a school day, that way you won't need to wait a week to check your work!

You do not need to do the homework unless you'd like some extra practice. If you finish with extra time, you can play Reflex or Zearn.

Here are the answers for Lesson 17 problem set:

GUM:
Today, please complete the lesson "Irregular Verbs" on pages 104-107 in your grammar books. You will need to complete all of sections A, B, C, and then choose any 4 to complete in section D. Remember to carefully read the "learn" portion of the lesson and I find reading the sentences in a whisper voice helps me to figure out if it sounds correct or not. I will post the answers for GUM tomorrow as well so that you don't need to wait a week to check your work!