Is it just me, or did it feel like March stretched on forever? I am thrilled it's April because I am excited about some warmer weather and to be able to get outside more. Here are your distance learning goals for today!
For reading today, please listen to the first two chapters in The Absent Author. You can find that video here. While you are listening, be paying close attention to the clues and see if you can work on solving the mystery before the crime solvers in the book do! Remember, if you're able to read some mystery books during this unit that would be great, but if you can't that's okay. Reading, in general, is the most important thing!
Afterward, you can use the rest of the reading time to continue to do free reading. Please fill out the Reading Log Form after you finish so that I can be kept up-to-date with what awesome books you are reading!
Writing:
Please continue to either work on haiku poems (maybe write a new one to read during our Zoom check-in!) or do a free-write. Paying attention to capital letters, punctuation, good spacing between your words, and trying your best to write words you know spelled correctly. I will work on creating a haiku today and will post that on here tomorrow!
Math:
For math today, please take the mid-module assessment. It was mailed home in your packet and I believe its only one-page front and back. Try your best and set yourself up for success by practicing some of the things we would if we were in the classroom: remembering to read the directions CAREFULLY and to double-check your work many times before being finished. I will post the answers tomorrow and I will ask that just like in school, you try to correct your mistakes using a pen. If you finish with extra time, you can play Reflex or Zearn.
Here are the answers for Lesson 13 Problem Set:
Here are the answers for GUM "Using Has, Have, and Had":
Social Studies:
Today we are going to do our guided map of Ireland. I tried out a new way of recording a Zoom video using my phone so it's similar to the ELMO camera we would've used in school. Please do your best to capitalize the names of places and bodies of water and to spell everything correctly. If you're finding that the video is hard to follow, here is a picture of what the finished map should look like.
As a reminder, I will be available for a Zoom check-in today from 12:00-12:30. This will be a time to ask me questions about things you need help with, to share some schoolwork with me, and to check-in to let me know how you are doing. Please know that if you are being disrespectful or too silly, I will be asking you to leave the check-in. I hope to see a lot of you there!




