Friday, April 3, 2020

Friday, April 3rd

Happy Friday friends!
I hope that you are doing okay and not feeling too overwhelmed with the work. If you are having trouble with anything, please remember to let me know. On the flip side, if you are finding that you are having a lot of extra free time after finishing your distance learning for the day, remember there are some extensions you can do: Reflex/Zearn, more free writing or reading, and look on the "Distance Learning Resources" or "Special Area" pages for other activities.
Reading:
For reading today, please listen to The Absent Author chapters 3-4. While you listen, be thinking about working backward to solve the mystery. Perhaps keep a list of the clues and suspects to remind you of what is going on? (Please note: I needed to change the privacy settings on some of these videos, they should work by clicking the link, but if not, please let me know!)

Afterward, you can use the rest of the reading time to continue to do free reading (or mystery books). Please fill out the Reading Log Form after you finish so that I can be kept up-to-date with what awesome books you are reading!

Writing:
Please spend about 20-30 minutes working on a free write. If you'd like a prompt write about: "What would happen if animals could talk? What questions would you like to ask them?"

Math:
For math today, please watch this video of Lesson 15 where you will see Mr. Duane talking you through the main idea of the lesson. After watching the video, please complete the problem set. I will post the answers to the problem set on Monday. You do not need to do the homework unless you'd like some extra practice. If you finish with extra time, you can play Reflex or Zearn.

Here are the answers for Lesson 14 problem set:


Science:
Today, please watch this video lesson on GenerationGenius called "Adaptations and the Environment." After watching you may either write 3-5 sentences summarizing what you learned or complete the "paper quiz" to check for comprehension!

Second Step:
This is another adventure into new technology, but I have done my best to record our next Second Step lesson. Please watch Lesson 17 (please note parts of the videos that play have loud volume, so be ready to lower it!). I will work on recording and uploading some more in the near future as we are almost finished with all of our lessons for the year!

I hope to see you all at our Zoom "hangout" today at 12:30 PM!