I hope you all had a good week off. I spent a lot of time cooking, getting Baby Boy Byrant's nursery put together and when the weather was nice, taking walks. As we get back into the swing of distance learning, here are your goals for today.
Reading:
For reading today, please listen to The Absent Author chapters 8-9. While you listen, be thinking about some strategies that will help you remember what has been happening. Often times, crime solvers will create a timeline of events to help them organize what happened when. You might want to try this with our read aloud or your own mystery book!
Afterward, you can use the rest of the reading time to continue to do free reading (or mystery books). Please fill out the Reading Log Form after you finish so that I can be kept up-to-date with what awesome books you are reading!
Writing:
Please start by writing a Weekend Web entry with 5-8 strong sentences about your weekend. Remember to use details including what you did, how you felt, who was with you, and more.
Then, I would like you to try writing cinquain style poems. You will find several pages explaining the different types of cinquain poems in the packet of papers that was mailed home in March. I encourage you to try writing a few different kinds today. Remember that I love to read your work, so feel free to send me some of your poems!
Math:
For math today, please watch this video of Lesson 19 where you will see Mr. Duane talking you through the main idea of the lesson. You'll notice that he says the lesson is optional, but I would like you to try your best to complete it. There are some good skills being practiced and reinforced in this lesson, and if it is a little bit tricky, well we know we can do hard things!
After watching the video, please complete the problem set. I will post the answers to the problem set tomorrow. You do not need to do the homework unless you'd like some extra practice. If you finish with extra time, you can play Reflex or Zearn.
Today, I have created a PowerPoint video lesson with pictures from a trip that Mr. Bryant and I took to Ireland several years ago. All you need to do is watch the video which you can find here. If you'd like to send me some thoughts or comments afterward, please feel free!
Cursive:
Please complete the cursive letter 'x' and the practice page on pg. 66-67. Paying attention that in cursive one side of the 'x' has a curve to it and the other side is straight like a printed x.
For an extra Monday bonus, here is a read-aloud of Gregory the Terrible Eater, one of my favorite books growing up!